Monday, July 11, 2011

I have won the Lotto!!!

Is it really Monday? How did this weekend and first day of the work week go by so fast? It seems like time is moving really fast these days! It's exciting but also a little unsettling! I've found myself thinking about the summer when I was 5 ... I remember it quite well and now The Captain is 5 and I'm realizing he's probably going to remember much of this summer too! That's such a crazy concept to me! I don't know where the years are going!

I've found myself in a lot of prayer lately. I have to share with you a moment where I felt God speaking to me in such clarity! Last Friday I bought a lottery ticket. I don't buy them often but I was grabbing a couple things at the grocery store and went to the customer service line since I had so few item and the sign said "Lotto Max $20 Million!!". I couldn't help myself! I bought one with the extra. Last night I jumped online and checked the numbers (I didn't win) and afterwards started thinking about if we had won, I looked out the window and said a little prayer "God please let us win the lotto". As soon as I said it my the words "You have won the lotto ... You have won the lotto ... You have won the lotto"! I really realized then that I have won the lotto in so many other areas. I've got the most wonderful and amazing man I share my life with. After 10 years with Greg I feel an overwhelming amount of love and passion for him! I feel loved more and more each day by Greg! I see first hand so many couples just coasting through life living in the same home but I have won the lotto with my partner and marriage!  We have 3 spectacular children! They are smart and healthy and funny and kind! I have won the lotto with my children. I have Jesus in my life!! I live in country that I have the freedom to love Jesus and practice my faith without fear of being condemned! I have won the lotto with my faith!

We are so very blessed! I still do pray that I am open to God's plan for me and our family as I'm still feeling like we haven't quite hit the mark but I know by opening my heart to His plan we'll be on His path!

1 comment:

  1. love you christina.
    love your heart.

    winning the lottery gives my anxiety.
    i don't want to win.
    too much pressure :-)

    ReplyDelete