Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TOMATOES!!!


Look at this!!! This is a tomato turning red from my very own tomato plant!! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement! You must understand, I don't have a green thumb ... at all! I have never managed to keep anything alive ... until this year!!! This year my green thumb is a very light shade of green and this is so exciting to me!


Look at these beautiful tomatoes!! THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!! My Grandma was a wonderful gardner! She was amazing!! Her yard was so beautiful! Every year I was always lucky enough to get some of my Grandma's tomatoes! They were so delicious!

I really can't help but wonder if there's a little help from my grandma with my green thumb. It's only been since she passed away I've been having some success. Lowe's (the big construction type store) went door to door last January, on the coldest day of the month I might add, giving away a free houseplant as promotion to their new store opening nearby and the plant is STILL ALIVE!! It's the first houseplant in my life that I haven't killed! I also have a houseplant from my grandma's home that she had that is still beautiful! It's pretty exciting and I'm enjoying it more than I thought!

In other news ....

Look at my poor little Chiefs lips! After swimming lessons this morning (Yes he's in swimming lessons and he's kicking butt! This child is something else!!) he was running to the truck when he tripped and did a face plant! His poor little lips were split on the inside and fat on the outside! He's such a tough guy though, he didn't cry long and is happy as a clam now! Amazing!


2 comments:

  1. i am green with envy! :-) our tomatoes are still green... we're waiting, waiting, waiting!

    i do not have a green thumb. thankfully my husband does.

    my g-parents had the best garden. i use to live in it in the summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay christina!
    you'll have to teach me because my thumb is faaaaaar from green.
    i've all but given up on gardening :-(

    and poor poor baby. what a trooper though. y-ouch!

    ReplyDelete