Tuesday, July 05, 2011

And Life Goes On ....

This afternoon we got back from what I would say may be my favorite trip to Montana EVER! I will have a BIG post about all the fun.

Today I've got to share with you about someone VERY special to me. Today is my Grandma's Birthday. My dear, so very loved Grandma died December 8th of last year, 2010. My heart ACHES and my eyes well up just writing that. It's been 7 months since I last saw her and yet the pain I still feel at times is unbearable. I was very close with my Grandma and love her dearly. We talk about her still all the time and my sweet little kids tell me they feel her in their hearts. Today she would have been 86. What a blessing she lived 85 wonderful years! My Grandpa (her husband) who is alive, heartbroken and 94 years old misses her so much it quite literally makes my chest ache. They celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary the month before she passed away. This is the first birthday of Grandma's in 65 years that he hasn't celebrated with her. Are you crying yet? I am! Ha!

So on a happier note. Here are the things I LOVED about my Grandma.

1. She LOVED to dance
2. You could tell her any secret and you knew it was safe
3. She supported me in everything I did
4. She loved my husband and saw him ... really saw him!
5. She loved my Children (my daughters middle name is after my Grandma)
6. She loved Jesus and was pure in her faith
7. Everyone loved her
8. Never did she speak badly of anyone
9. She loved my Grandpa and was a the best wife, she made me want to be the same kind of wife to my husband
10. She was an amazing gardener and had the most beautiful yard
11. She loved candy
12. I will never have a Vodka, water and cranberry juice without thinking of her
13. She was beautiful
14. She served God and others in her daily life
15. She loved me and I love her ....

I could go on and on. She was truly an amazing woman, wife, mother, sister, aunt, grandmother and friend. She has shown me how I want to life my life.

I will see her again and I look forward to that day. I miss her every minute of everyday. I know she's dancing with the angels ... I love you Gramie!


My brother played this song at the end of her Eulogy at her prayers service the night before her funeral. I will hold this song close to me forever. 

1 comment:

  1. i've missed ya girl!
    glad to hear you had such a wonderful time away.
    can't wait to hear all about it!

    and christina.
    how my heart hurts for you.
    i am so, so sorry that you are missing your gramie.
    i know that she is so very proud of the woman/wife/mama yo have become.

    looking forward to the day when we will both be able to hug the women in our lives that we miss so much!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete