Monday, June 27, 2011

The Countdown is ON!

It's 8am on Monday morning ... the first Monday morning of "summer", meaning the first Monday I won't be driving The Captain to school. So what fun and exciting activities do I have on the agenda for this momentous day? Laundry and cleaning ... living the dream people! Living the dream! HA!


So check this out .... doesn't it look like a little piece of heaven? 




We'll be here!! Our first holiday countdown is on! 3 more sleeps until we all jump into our truck and drive to Montana for 5 nights! I LOVE MONTANA!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! My parents bought a home there on this beautiful lake in 1990! I've been going to this amazing place for 20 years!! I can hardly believe it's been that long! My parents spend the summers there and have invited my brothers, myself and our families down for the 4th of July! We are all so excited!

We'll be canoeing, swimming, playing, sleeping, eating ... I can't hardly wait for this getaway!!


Now here's where I'm going to ask for some help! I was wanting to cook or bake something special, with an american/red,white and blue theme, for the 4th of July for everyone but don't know what I should do! I welcome any and all suggestions!! Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i am a little jealous of your vacation.
    i know you will have SUCH a great time!!!

    check out this for some inspiration...

    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/holiday---celebration-recipes/july-4th-recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great 4th of july!

    my in-laws own a home on bass lake here in california and we love it. they now rent it out for most of the summer so we get very little time there {bummer}, but are glad for the many memories that have been made there over the years.

    enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina! I'm visiting you through "Simply Sara's" blog! And I love your blog! Your children are beautiful and similar in age to my boys.
    Your upcoming camping trip sounds amazing!! I've never been to Montana (Canada girl, here, as well!) So needless to say I'm sprouting a bit of jealousy!

    ReplyDelete