Monday, June 20, 2011

TRUTH!

Okay so it's time for some Truth!!! Fathers Day sucked! It had good moments but for the most part it wasn't great. Greg woke up in a terrible mood and it continued on from there. I'll completely admit, I don't handle bad moods well, especially from Greg. When I'm in a bad mood Greg is so wonderful and cheers me up and does whatever I need to help me feel better ... I'm not so great like him. I get my back up and angry and just don't want to deal with it. Isn't that terrible? Definitely a character default of mine!

Sometimes there are things in life that suck. Greg parents split up when he was 4 and his Dad wasn't around much for the 10 years following the spilt. Reasons have come out in the past few years but it doesn't change what it is to Greg. Fathers Day brings up feelings from years of having this occasion celebrated all around him and never really celebrating it the way you would with a Dad that's around. Very touchy subject don't you think? But this is the Truth I'm talking about when I talk about Love, Life and Truth. I told Greg yesterday that it's time to deal with this once and for all because our kids have an amazing Dad to celebrate each year and having the past ruin the present isn't fair to anyone.

I have to say that Greg is the most kind and caring person I know. He is selfless and sweet and has such a wonderful heart. He is an awesome Dad and I'm so blessed that God has put him in my life to teach me so much grace. Even though we had a rough day yesterday I still went to bed loving him more than I love anyone on this earth. Thank you Greg for everything you do for our family and for being who you are ... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment