Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Serenity!

Yesterday I went to my first AA Birthday Meeting! For those of you who don't know, when you begin your sobriety they consider it your birthday and celebrate just as you would a birthday. There's even cake! I was invited by my dear friend Red to witness him receive his 1 year medallion! 1 year of sobriety!!  WOW! It was so awesome! I could feel God in that room. I was so proud and honored to be a part this celebration. I know the road Red has traveled in his addiction and it was a hard road. I have seen Red at his best and worst. Red's worst is more terrible than most could imagine and I'm so very thankful he's found sobriety and this marvelous 12 step program. Being friends with Red makes me want to be a better person and live my life in an honest and healthy way. I'm so proud of him and love him so much.

It also brings me back to how amazing God is and how God's miracles are filling AA/NA/OA/SA etc. rooms all over the world! It's such an amazing thing! His light is shining at peoples darkest times! WOW! WOW! WOW!! Absolutely mind blowing!!! HE IS AWESOME!

Here are all his medallions!

The Silver is the 24 hour medallion
The red is the 1 month medallion
The yellow is 2 months
The green is 3 months
The blue is 6 month
The purple is 9 months
The Gold "1" is his 1 year that I saw him recieve
I'm so proud! God is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment